How To Make Bone Broth Soup
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 3 chopped Okra
- 4 chopped Asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Handful of Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1/2 tbsp minced turmeric root
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 eggs
- 2 pinches thai basil
- 2 pinches cilantro
- 2 cups bone broth
- Olive oil
Optional tasty ingredients
- Shitakke mushrooms
- Fresh herbs - Mint &Thai basil
- Meat - Filet mignon, steak, chicken, shrimp, fish
- Chicken broth (substituting for bone broth)
- Cat tree oil - Adds healthy fats
Prepare Your Vegetables
* This recipe is easiest when you prepare your vegetables in advance and lay them out on a cutting board.
1) First mince your ginger root, turmeric root & garlic.
2) Chop your Okra into small chunks - discard the tops of your Okra.
3) Chop your asparagus spears, Shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, & bell peppers.
Build Your Beautiful Broth
1) Add a little olive oil into your sauce pan over medium heat. Once hot, add your 1/2 tbsp of minced turmeric, ginger & garlic. Sautee for about 1 minute or until your spices are flagrant & your kitchen smells amazing. It's very easy to burn the spices! Be careful :)
2) Add your 2 cups of bone broth and bring to a light boil.
3) Add your chopped Okra, shiitake mushrooms, asparagus, peppers & bok choy to your broth. Cook for ~5 to 7 minutes.
4) Add a healthy amount of salt & pepper to your broth.
Finish With Your Proteins
1) Poach your eggs inside your broth. Set a timer for 2 minutes beforehand to ensure a perfect poached egg. If you prefer a more cooled egg leave it in longer but chef prefers the yolk being runny. Stir your broth every 30 seconds and watch your egg begin to shed and cook some of the egg white.
2) (OPTIONAL) Meat (see notes below) - Add your filet mignon and cook for no longer then 1 minute in your broth.
Prepare your bowl
1) Dice 1/2 an avocado and add to your bowl.
2) Add a handful of bean sprouts to your bowl.
3) Add your thai basil to your bowl.
4) If you want to add any precooked chicken, steak, or fish this is the time to add it.
4) Pour your hot bone broth soup over the top of your dry ingredients above. Your hot soup is going to begin cooking the other ingredients in the bowl which changes the crunch and textures. This will literally lightly cook your dry ingredients in your bowl!
5) Garnish with chopped thai basil & cilantro. Feel free to add some raw veggies like peppers to give it more crunch. Also feel free to add some olive oil or cat tree oil to ass some more good fats your broth.
& you're done!
Shop The Equipment
BONE BROTH FAQs:
- Meats - I prefers to add filet mignon in with my soup. Chop your meat into very thin slices. Add salt and pepper directly to the meat to spice it up. cook in broth for less than 1 minute to ensure you don't overcook the meat. You can add any of your favorite proteins such as chicken, duck, fish, shrimp, whatever you want!
- Okra - Okra is in our opinion one of the most important ingredients to bone broth soup. It is packed with natural plant collagen and adds a delicious (slimy) consistency to your broth. If you are amongst the camp that hates Okra, you will still have a great soup :)
- Salt & pepper - Add as much as you'd like! Sometimes I add more once everything is complete just for some extra flare.